June 21, 2008

still alive...still packing

Three days until we move.

Let me sit on that for a moment. I can't believe how quickly the move date sneeks up on you. But let's go back since my last post.

Sunday was a quiet uneventful day. Although we have a dad in the house, we opted to skip any brew-ha-ha and gave him what he really wanted. So instead of a family outing or a tie, I took the kids out for the afternoon so he could sit and watch sports uninterrupted. He was a very happy man indeed and the kids and I were happy as clams hitting the library, park and the DQ for a little ice cream!

We closed the house on Monday. I had no clue what to expect and was a little disappointed at how quickly and non ceremoniously it all went. I mean, where were the balloons? The life sized replica cake of our little ranch house? The high school marching band seeing us off from the title agency? We spent over 200K and all we got were two plastic pens!

But later that night we did get our keys. I opened the door to MY house! It was magical. And over whelming. I spent most of this week in a state of moodiness brought on by depression (buyers remorse), anxiety (what were they thinking!), and shock (we have to get rid of more stuff!). The previous owners didn't clean so that was another thing to put on the ever growing list.

Thankfully I had yesterday afternoon off and spent most of it cleaning the bathroom and kitchen. It was a nice opportunity for me to introduce myself to the house, get to know her better, let her get to know me. I fell in love with her all over again. The open floorplan in the front room and the amount of natural light I will have. The gobs of cabinet space and the bling bling of new appliances. The ease of dust mopping a hardwood floor versus vacuuming and the wonderful view of my backyard as I'm washing dishes.

I'm excited about the house again. Tomorrow we'll be showing the house to the boy. It just happens that he hasn't seen it yet! So i'll make sure to take photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment