February 16, 2009

Birthday, Valentines and Monster Jam

Sorry I haven't written in a while. There has been so much going on! Last weekend was Chris's birthday and then this weekend, Valentines day. Much to do, much ado.

It's always hard to buy for a guy. Especially for a guy who doesn't want or need anything that he can't buy himself. It's quite frustrating actually. So I decided to make stuff. The coolest of the projects was a deadhead blazer shirt that I screenprinted using a freezer paper template. It was quick, easy and under $30 bucks.


It has been well received and worn out in public. There have been requests from random folks he's met for additional shirts. I refuse to sell them because, well the elements of the design are not my own. But there has been talk of trade...and that I'm cool with.


I also made an illusion scarf. Can you see the skull design? You can only see it in certain angles...cool hugh?


And the blazer socks for valentines day.


They were a day late...but only because we did a big family event on Saturday. Can you guess what we did? ....MONSTER JAM 2009!!!!....


I'll be the first to say that it was fun although I seriously had my doubts. I mean, come on. A monster truck show? But the kids loved seeing big 'ole trucks crush the itty bitty cars. I think my lungs are still clearing out the exhaust...

We have been lucky enough to have a few chilly but sunny days. Blake has this renewed interest in bike riding, so we bought her a new helmet and she's been off.


I am now resolved to buy my own bike. I imagine family bike rides to the library and around St. John's. I can't wait until spring!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I tried to send you a mail this morning about my bike, which you can use indefinitely. It's seriously the best bike ever... and the price is right :) ...all you would need to do is go and pick it up...

    I am on leave already and a bad speller, so I am hoping I got your name right...if not you can mail me at saralouisescott@gmail.com.

    xo.

    ReplyDelete