May 26, 2009

wonky weekend fun

Last Wednesday three people were laid off from the group I work with. On Thursday we were notified the rest of us still had jobs and we were now part of a totally different group whose boss (I'm sure) has no idea what it is we actually do. So on Friday I decided to take the day off.

This weekend was about letting go of stress and tension of the previous week. This weekend was about being with the family and doing wonderful fun things. For instance:

Taking Blake to the zoo.


We are old pro's at the zoo bit so we knew exactly what we wanted to see. Of course the petting zoo was first on the list. Our other favorites: sea lion's, lorikeet's, and the giraffes. We had lunch on the concert lawn and enjoyed a relaxing ride on the train.



We also took the kids to an empty lot and practice our bikin' skillz. Ranen shed the training wheels and rode fancy free. I quote, "I'm so addicted to riding my bike. I can't think of anything else!"



Blake rode for a bit but decided to kidnap my camera and went to town. And here I am. Riding on a kick arse bike (thanks sara!) with brand spanking new tires (thanks chris!).



We're working on getting Blake off her trainers as well. I see many lazy sunday afternoon rides in our future!

No comments:

Post a Comment