July 16, 2009

Mississippi Street Fair Kid Parade

When I first moved to Portland I was scared to explore. The curvy streets, bicyclists on the road and parallel parking scared me almost as much as the thought of leaving my comfy home. Luckily Chris helped me realize that Portland has much to offer and that kids + public events doesn't have to be stressful.

Saturday, after Blake's swim lesson, we drove over to the Mississippi Street Fair. At the children's corner Blake jumped in the bounce house, ate a cookie and decorated a crown and flag for the kids parade.


What kid doesn't want to be in a parade?




We grabbed her bike and she coasted down the street practicing her princess wave. It was quite a sight to see!


It was busy and full of vendors and street performers. I can't wait until next year to spend more time exploring every aspect of the fair.

I heart PDX.

No comments:

Post a Comment