May 13, 2010

Garden

I have to give Chris some big props.

He worked his butt off in March/April taking out the two trees in the front and making the raised bed, garden ready. This meant digging out the layers of dirt, weed blocker, and pebbles and putting in layers of compost. One day I offered to help shovel and after 1/3 of the truck bed was emptied I was achy and done. It's back breaking work so today when Chris geeked out about eating the first veggie from the garden, a radish, I geeked along with him.


They are a still a bit small, but he needed to thin them out a bit. This year is the first for us and radishes and also for broccoli.


It blows my mind when I see how a veggie actually grows! You mean they don't just magically appear on the supermarket floor??

But what I'm really excited for are the strawberries!


So a big thanks to Chris for doing such a great job on my garden!

1 comment:

  1. If I was into veggies I would definately want some from your garden.

    ReplyDelete