September 14, 2008

the boy turns 9 and other wonders.

This week the boy turned 9. It blows my mind how quickly the kids are growing up. When I met Ranen he was 6, Blake was 2. It's crazy to see where Ranen was and where Blake is headed right now. Wow, a lot to wrap my head around.

We celebrated with Pokemon...his favorite game at the moment. We bought him pokemon books, pokemon cards and characters. We even decorated his cake like a pokeball. It was seriously hard picking out gifts because he's getting past the age of action figures and into the age of video games. And since niether of us want our kids to be completly jacked into the electronics, we tried our best to find alternatives. I think we did an okay job.




This week we also checked out Ranen's new classroom. His school went through a huge remodel this summer and we were glad to see him out of the trailer! Blake has been to so many school functions that she is becoming quite accustomed to the "vibe". She talks about going to kindergarten often. "Soon honey", I tell her. But in my heart I am so glad she'll be my baby for just another year longer!



In other news, we have finally finished painting. Or should I say Chris has finally finished painting! Now we can concentrate on putting the floor trim back up, eventually getting crown molding and decorating! What a process but the house if coming together. Yeah!!



At least Noro thinks so...

No comments:

Post a Comment