March 8, 2009

Boy meets Hoop



I never thought this was possible, but the kids choose to be outside doing something then spend it indoors complaining they were bored. And why is this, you may ask? Meet Mr. Hoops...


Initially I scoffed at the idea of buying a 10-15 year old hoop. But within minutes of being weighted down and pushed into position, the boy was out there making baskets. At random times we would hear, "I'm going out to shoot hoops."

I'll eat my hat. Good work Chris.

This past week had some spring tease weather. My bulbs that I planted a few months ago are starting to break ground and we've decided to plant a garden. The backyard is way too shady to have one so we decided to take a part of our front yard and convert it to a victory garden of sorts. I don't want to totally ruin the landscaping by filling our front yard completely with boxes so we are going to keep everything as is but use the side bed (what you see below) as the garden. It's not very deep but long enough to put in some cucumber (to grow on the fence), lettuce, onion and pepper. I'll be growing some yellow pear and cherry tomatoes in pots on the deck.



I am so excited to be growing our own food again. And now that St. John's will be having a farmers market starting in July, I'll be able to supplement what we grow here with other 'fresh' veggies.

Noro agrees!


No comments:

Post a Comment