December 12, 2009

When kids get sick.

Last night we were watching the Phineas and Ferb Christmas special when it happened. Blake refused popcorn. POPCORN. Her favorite thing in the whole wide world. I knew something was up but she had no fever so I took it as her being fickle and we went back to watching the show.

About 10 minutes later, as I was washing dishes, I heard her run to the bathroom. Now as a parent I've been lucky that as a kid Blake has never vomited. It was like she had an iron stomach that could withstand anything.

So it broke my heart to hear her ask, "Mommy? [heave] Am I throwing up? [heave] Am I going to die? [heave]"

Needless to say, she survived the night. She's currenlty napping but as a parent it breaks my heart to see my energetic, spastic kid quiet and so worn out.

Now I'm waiting for the rest of us to join in on the fun! uck.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear that she's not feeling well. Give her my love.

    ReplyDelete