October 26, 2008

Another Busy Week!



It's been another busy but fun week. I finally got around to taking a picture of B's new scarf. I had tons of left over swish superwash yarn so I created a simple garter stitch scarf with stripes based on the Fibonacci sequence. The scarf is lovely but declared "itchy". Ah well, at least it looks cute and may one day be worn either by B or by one of her dolls!

C busted a move on the clubhouse. It has walls and a roof now. (roof pieces can be seen on the porch) He needs to do some finishing touches like putting on flashing, the door and a window but with good weather it should be done soon! The kids took advantage of the sunshine and spent some quality time playing house. They put B's plastic kitchen in there and decided it needed a moat. Ahhh childhood!



On Saturday night I took the kids to the St. John's spooktacular. It was super busy so we spent most of the time standing in line looking at all the costumes. It was like a precurser to Halloween and the kids got a kick out of wearing their costumes! I decided to dress up this year and spent $12 dollars and two hours creating a Pickachu costume. Oh, don't worry. Pictures forthcoming next week!


Today we baked halloween cookies. I was humbled when C noted I was using the wrong type of sugar in my frosting and had melted the butter rather than soften it. A man who can hammer AND bake. How did I get so lucky!

We also took some time to go to Sauvie Island to go through the corn maize. It was beautiful, the kids had fun and we now have some super cheesy pictures to add to our collection!

Atop the hay pyramid...


Children of the corn...


Farmer family...


And to top off my week we had a group pumpkin decorating party at work. Our group was assigned "rock group", so we created Kiss pumpkins. Gene is my favorite!



Even though I had a ton to do, it was nice to have some fun at work and bond with my fellow PA's. They truly are a group of great artists and great people!

No comments:

Post a Comment