October 5, 2008

sick weekend

What's worse then having sick kids? Having healthy ones when you, the parents, are sick.

This weekend has been tough. Both Chris and I have colds. Moving or functioning on any level would be impossible without massive amounts of drugs. But we somehow managed with minimal psychological issues forming in our children.

Though sick, we've been keeping busy. We bought Blake a booster seat. She absolutely LOVES being a "big girl".



It was hard to let the old one go, but it was time!

I finished up my sewing class with this little number.



It's a shirt...just in case you couldn't tell. It looks okay on, but it's pretty evident that I need more practice. So I did and created cloth party bags. Dinosaurs for the boys, princess for the girls. I can finally sew a straight line!


On the knitting front I finished the clapotis. The FO pics will have to wait until after Christmas. I needed a quick knit so i whipped up the Lady Detective Hat from Knit 2 together. I just need a decorative buckle to finish it off...



I also started the Mystery Sock Pattern by Through the loops. We'll see how it goes. I'm a big fan of two socks, toe up on one circular needle. I've never knitted top down so I'm curious to see what heel the pattern will call out and how I'll handle the stress!



If it's anything like the new lace shawl that I've frogged 3 times this past weekend, it'll be harsh! At one point chris walked into the room at precisely the wrong time and had to dodge metal needles as they hurtled past his head! Whoops.


The kids have had fun though. The boys got a little Blazer action in at the Family Fun Fest.


And they put on one heck of a puppet show that included a puppet eating shark and little critters that liked to show us their butt.



What a weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment