April 8, 2008

Busy Bee

The past week has been busy busy busy. I really don't know how the 'soccer moms' do it. They come to the baseball games looking very put together, makeup perfect, with a cheerful look on their face. I, on the other hand, am running around keeping the girl entertained while trying to remember if I put on deodorant that morning.

Little League season has begun and with Chris still in Florida that means I get to play taxi, cruise director, and caterer. It's not too bad; just exhausting. Here's the boy up to bat...


I did manage some knitting. I noticed at the last baseball game how B's coat hood kept slipping off. I remembered a cute little pattern by Neither Hip Nor Funky called the Urban Homesteader Hat. Rummaging through my stash I found just enough Knit Picks Swish Superwash in pink and purple to make it! B didn't feel like modeling, but I did manage to get a few decent pictures...


I only made the pony tail opening and I added a crochet trim, crochet flower and ear flaps. B picked out the button herself...of course it was the one with the most sparkle!


I also finished my first sweater Wicked. I may knit up a pocket for the front. After all is said and done, it feels like it's missing something.

And because I couldn't be blessed enough, some yummy yummy yarn came in the mail! Meet Pansy and Snowflake by the wonderful Emily of StarBugKnits. I have a project in mind for snowflake, and pansy...well, she was a complete surprise! Thanks Emily! You made my day!


No comments:

Post a Comment