April 18, 2008

Holy Steeking Batman!

So normally I'm not too big of a dork when it comes to doing something I've never done before. If it doesn't involve knife throwing, flaming torches or mandolin playing clowns that is. But this week I sat and stared at this small little wristband dreading the next step.


To cut, or in knitting terms "to steek", caused me much grief. I purposely used a small project for my first time. I knew it would be quick and if the results weren't satisfying, I could easily cast it aside to begin again with another! Not to mention my first was in public...in a starbucks no less with a bunch of PDX knit bloggers by my side. But oddly enough it was the chit chatter among the group and the overall "YARN ROCKS!" vibe that gave me the final push to just do it already.


I finished the wristband but am unhappy with it. This was my first three color project and my tension was a tad tight in the beginning but towards the end I loosened up. So I've started another.

In other non-knitting news, C is getting back into the rhythm of our lives here. He is currently out with the kids getting dinner so I could have a moments peace. Work has been extremely stressful this week. There's nothing like juggling different categories, requests from random people and trying to hit a crazy arse deadline to put me in a fowl mood. I'm looking forward to the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment