August 15, 2008

It's a knit thing.

Only a knitter, so excited to have a finished project, would stand outside in 100+ degree weather full of happiness and joy! So here it is (drum roll please) the completed forecast sweater started in May...in all it's glory.


It's my first adult sized cardigan and although the buttons are avoiding those calls from 1985, it's a must wear for fall. As soon as I can get motivated I'll update those buttons to something less "circus-like" and more funky fresh.



And, in an effort to get some Christmas knitted gifts out this year (by Christmas!), I decided to only knit gifts from this point forward. After finishing this sweater I was itching to start something new so this is what I came up with. It's based, very loosely, off the bainbridge scarf by Minty Fresh. But after ignoring the directions and deciding to do "my thing", this is the result.


A purple something or other. Not too sure what it's trying to be, but perhaps it would look better blocked. Although the rolled brim on the top makes me happy. So although this was meant to be a present I'm thinking it'll end up in the "stuff I made but will most likely only wear once before it's lost" pile. Sigh, at least it only took two days to complete.

I'm dying to cast on something new and I'm waiting patiently for an upcoming knit picks delivery to start my first lace project! I'm super excited, yet scared all at the same time. Good thing I'm starting early!

1 comment: