August 25, 2008

Stitch N Pitch

This weekend the family joined me for Stitch N Pitch at PGE park. That's right...there were chicks with sticks, men with sticks and a hooker (ME!).


I'm at the tail end of my special project and decided to crochet a very sturdy strap (versus knitting one or sewing one!). I am so glad my mom taught me how to crochet at a young age. Though I haven't picked up the hook in quite sometime, it was like second nature when I did!

The kids managed to hang in for the entire game. It helped that PGE park has plenty to keep the wee little folk happy and preoccupied. On the family deck they have a bounce room and a hitting cage (for a small fee).


The kids also found a clown who made for them little animals that entertained them for at least an hour!


The game ended with a grand slam by the beavers (very exciting) but resulted with a rain soaked loss. In the end I call this a family outing success that ended in tired but happy kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment