August 14, 2008

Teeth! Bark in the Park! and more...

On Tuesday I received a message. It read "Blake has a wiggly tooth." "NO WAY!", I thought. My baby is no way near close to the age to start loosing her baby teeth. Why? Because she is still my baby girl!

But when I got home that night she ran up to me and proceeded to show me how her tooth sways back and forth. I then proceeded to ground her and told her not to grow anymore. Okay, so that didn't happen, but I couldn't help feeling that a chapter in our lives was closing. That Sesame Street and Dora the Explorer were falling to the way side for Hanna Montana and Pokemon. This soon to be five year old is someone I'll need to figure out all over again. It's exciting and frightening all at the same time.



In a few days the tooth fairy will make her first ever Blake visit. How exciting!

And speaking of teeth, in three weeks I'll be getting my wisdom teeth removed...yeah. (note sarcasm).

But on a happier note, last night we attended our first Bark in the Park game at PGE. For those not familiar, the ball park opens it's doors to dogs for one game a year. It was a last minute plan that equaled loads of fun.


It's funny how much attention a 160lb dog gets. People were either cautious and stayed a safe distance away or knew he was a Newfie and came right up to partake in the drool. Noro was VERY well behaved. He didn't bark once (even though we tried countless times to get him to join in the mayhem), was polite to any dog that wanted to sniff his butt and obeyed commands even when hot dogs and popcorn were in vacinity. This dog is so huge he took up three bench seats!



We all had a good time. We only stayed for the first game and the beavers kicked some arse. Blake's favorite part was meeting Lucky the Beaver. She got a free wrist warmer and a hug.


It's nice, that for a few bucks, PGE offers additional entertainment for the kids. They have a bounce room and a mini batting cage. I really wish I had my camera when Blake was trying to hit the waffle ball. She had so much gusto and intensity though she only hit the ball once!


And to end the evening we had to peek through the face sculture in front of the park. Here's Blake and her interpretation of a booger.

No comments:

Post a Comment