August 31, 2008

All about the house.

Of course, labor day weekend, becomes all about the house. It's nice to cross items off our master list and start to see our planning and effort come into fruition.

When starting to put together the plan for Blake's room I decided I wanted to add some personal touches. A few items that a princess would love and only she would have. Something I wouldn't have to buy at target.

I came across this mirror at goodwill...


After some paint it became this...



It's placed low enough that Blake can see her entire person. I've already caught her "performing" in front of it with a microphone and a toy guitar in her hand. She painted and glittered the hooks on either side. I'm sure there will be boa's hanging there by tomorrow!

Since we had to downsize when we bought this house, one of the items we had to give away was Blake's easel. I wanted to keep a creative piece in her room that wouldn't take up valuable floor space. So I took this...


...and with a little paint it became this. A cool chalkboard to frame her masterpieces. I just need to find an old fashioned tin cup to place along side to hold her chalk!


I added some wicked cool Ikea night lights and painted some leaves to finish the look. I took some foam and batting and added a seat cushion to a toy box. Overall the three projects cost me around 60 bucks.


This house of ours is starting to feel more like a home every day.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, when I move up there I want you to decorate my apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her bedroom looks so amazing!! I can't wait to see it in person, Blake must be dying to show it off. Well done!

    ReplyDelete