February 16, 2008

DI...why!

There was this manic energy running through the house today...C is coming home! It has been 10 days since I've had to say my goodbyes. And he conveniently did so on his birthday.

He thought he dodged that bullet. But little does he know the kids and I have been planning. (insert evil villainous laugh here) Gifts were purchased. Cards were drawn. And a cake was baked. And since the theme this year is Hello Hippie, I made him this.


As we speak thousands of dead heads around the world sense a disturbance in the force... Don't try to hold it in, laugh. I freely admit that I am no Ace of Cakes...more like a joker. But it is an improvement from last year's debacle. For some reason it made sense to me that if I bought an ice cream cake from a refrigerator at Baskin Robins, that it would be fine in my refrigerator at home. Needles to say, we ate cake that year through a straw!

I was able to complete his convertible gloves tonight. I have to admit I wasn't too keen on these until the boy exclaimed they were "cool" and he wanted a pair for himself. Holy crap...an 8 year old thought a handknit item was cool? I've never felt more hip!

No comments:

Post a Comment