February 24, 2008

Heels and Mitts

This weekend was all about the heels and the mitts. Up to now I've only known one way to turn a heel. It has become my bread and butter and I can execute a good short row heel without any gaping holes. Being the year of the fearless knitter, I've decided to broaden my horizon and learn something new.

So I printed out the directions posted on the Forward Motions blog and the Widdershins pattern. At first glance the construction details looked different. But after test knitting both, the logistics are the same just the size is different.

Here is a 10 stitch added or 5 round gusset:

Here is a 20 stitch added or 10 round gusset:

I apologize for the itchy dry skin. The deeper the heel flap the better the heel feels. So I'm gonna go with this heel for my jaywalkers. yeah! I'll scour the ravelry forums for additional ones I can try.

In addition, I decided to cast on fingerless Noro gloves. They were so quick and easy i feel a tad bit guilty for putting them in my FO pile.


Now I'll be stylin' with my matching Noro scarf and glove set!

Once again my beloved C will be leaving for Florida for a week to care for his sick mom. Please send good vibes his way...

1 comment:

  1. What is an FO pile?

    What is a Noro scarf, and why did you name your dog after it?

    ReplyDelete