July 7, 2008

32/32


In the past 110 days i have lost 32 lbs and 32 inches total around my waist, arms, and legs. As you can imagine i am very happy.

I didn't, nor could I do this alone. Like many in this country I resorted to joining a weight loss program to help me shed the pounds. After seeing the success of my coworker as she lost weight I jumped on the Metabolic Research Center bandwagon. I'll be frank to say this program isn't for everybody and it isn't cheap. But it gets the job done. And the best part, now that i've met my goal weight I'll be starting the maintenance part of the program.

Loosing weight to me is the easy part. It's what happens after you get into the "real world" that get's me in trouble. I stop eating salads and start eating cake. The weight gain isn't that noticeable at first but before I know it, I'm passing 150lb...and for me, that's uncomfortable. I really don't want to go back there so for the next 6 to 7 weeks I'll be on special menus that will introduce certain foods back into my diet. My weight will be checked twice a week to see how my body handles a potato or a bowl of pasta. This time will be devoted to finding a balance between what I want to eat and what I should to maintain a healthy weight.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats. You are looking very good, I love how long your hair has gotten.

    ReplyDelete