July 26, 2008

Bang for your buck

Last weekend, in a moment of self doubt and PMS wallow I stumbled my way to the closest cheapest hair place and asked for something different. Something so drastic I would feel like a different woman...



I got bangs. After a week of living with these babies I've realized that I'm not a big fan of the bangs and I look forward to them growing out a bit. Perhaps the bangs and I can find a compromise along the way.

This week has been fun. I've just started my second week of stabilization and have devoured the following: popcorn (1 cup), bagel (1/2), brown rice (1/2 cup) and this morning apple sauce. I've never been happier and was practically skipping down the aisle at Fred Meyer this morning shopping for CARBS and STARCHES! Oh My!

The house is coming along. I apologize for leaving the last blog unfinished without a completed picture. But there always seems to be something more we can do. We purchased and put up curtains. We used white sheers with gold faux silk panels in front. The effect is warm, rich and cozy. I'm thinking we'll add a nice pendant light to give it some character.

The latest push has been to pick out paint colors for the kids rooms. Blake, of course, wants pink. We found a used but cheap ikea junior loft bed on craigs list. It's about four feet high and comes with a slide. I plan on adding curtains under the bed to create a private club house. With a little area rug and bean bag, it'll be cozy and comfortable.

Ranen wants blue with a pokemon theme. I've been asked to paint up a few characters on his wall. I guess I should start brushing up on my drawing skills! We plan on getting him a loft bed as well. The rooms are tiny enough that having the extra space for a desk will be a nice added benefit!

Hippie Boy is slowly falling into the maddness that is home renovation. He feels that progress is not being made and his list, which is four legal pages long in small writing, mocks us both at the end of each day. Good thing he'll be volunteering at the brew fest downtown tomorrow. I hope he drinks a few and loosen's up. I miss the happy fun guy that this house is slowly transforming into a grumpy troll.

But not to leave you with a downer...here are some surprise pictures I found on my camera today.



1 comment:

  1. I like the bangs! but I still want to see the fricking living room pictures! Tease!

    ReplyDelete