July 9, 2008

Dog Gone It!

First let me say that we love our big beast of a dog. But last night we were seriously thinking of putting him in doggie jail, letting him become someone's bitch and throwing away the key.

During the day I got an email from C saying he had the night open so if I wanted to go out, I could. I jumped on that offer and ended up going to the St. John's Cinema to see Hancock with Miss Kate. When she dropped me off I knew something was wrong...terribly wrong.

The front door was open. The couch cushions and coffee table were strewn around the front lawn. As I approached the open front door I heard muffled swears and sweeping.

"Don't come this way. Go through the back and don't let the dog out of the yard!" C said sternly.

Oh Oh.

After I had left, C and B ventured to home depot to pick up some paint samples. While they were gone Noro, when discovering his normal window of escape was locked, opted for the other one. This window happens to be located behind a chair and a lamp [you can see where this is going!] As he made his way to the window he knocked over the lamp which crashed into the coffee table. Shattering both. He did manage to open the window, break the screen and spend a nice hour or so free wandering the neighborhood. He also managed to hurt his paw.

I walked into a scene of horror as the glass ended up EVERYWHERE. C spent the next hour cleaning.

Noro is doing fine. I understand he is still a little freaked out by the move. But seriously, I don't know if I can handle any more of his "surprises".

No comments:

Post a Comment