July 9, 2008

Yarn and Stuff.

So I have been knitting! And I have proof!

After a month of focus knitting I finally finished C's socks.


And to protect this suckers from the grinders that is his feet, I took the time to reinforce the heel. That should make this pair of socks last...oh a month perhaps. Sigh...

I've also been making progress on my sweater. I've completed the body and am ready to tackle the sleeves and button band.


I wasn't completely sold on this pattern. I believe it was the bobbles that gave me pause. But so far, I'm not hating it. It's the cabling around the bobbles that saves it for me!


I've also been lucky enough to acquire some yarn. Oh yes. Meet Audacity by Black Bunny Fibers. Part of the proceeds of this yarn purchase went to support Obama. Support my candidate of choice AND get great yarn. Bliss!


I also got to check out The Naked Sheep on Hawthorne. My gift certificate practically jumped from my wallet as soon as we walked through the door. I found some recycled cotton in a great dark red. I'm thinking of making a shrug with this...possibly.



Last but not least I would like to leave you with a picture that Blake took yesterday afternoon.


It's like he was trying to tell us something!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the plug! I'm glad you like the yarn. And thank YOU for helping me support the Obama campaign.

    Now on to the important stuff: that is one awfully cute doggie you've got there...

    ReplyDelete