September 16, 2009

Monkey Bar Peeps

Yesterday I volunteered at Blake's school for two hours. It was a great time for me to see what goes on in her classroom and for me to get to know the kids a bit more.

Blake made a couple of friends. They hug in the morning when they see each other. My heart just filled up with rainbows and cupcakes when I saw this!!

During recess Blake, who had dressed herself in a wild colorful skirt and black tank-top, started to climb the monkey bars. A boy ran right under her, looked up, than ran away! I couldn't believe my eyes!

Later that night Blake started doing flips off the couch when I saw some blue under her skirt. "Are you wearing Bloomers?" I asked. "Yup." she said matter of fact.

I've never been so proud! Forget about her ability to count to 100 or write out words she sounds out herself. She wore fricken bloomers to protect her underwear from being viewed by little boy eyes!

Awesome!!

1 comment: