September 29, 2009

when bad knitting happens to good people

There once was a sweater. It had a body, arms and a yoke on it's way to being finished. The owls were half way done when a funny looking stitch was spotted.


Without thinking I tinked back to that stitch and came across something I've never seen before. So I tinked back more stitches and was once again stumped.


I couldn't understand why the yarn came from the left then went back the same direction.

So I decided to rip back completely to that spot to reknit. As I was pulling out the circular, the piece that attaches the needle tip to the cable broke.


As colorful words started to spew out of my mouth I realized that the funky stitch that I saw was a wrapped stitch from the short row shaping. I created this huge mess for nothing. I blame the mass amounts of sugar I consumed that day.

Needless to say, the owl sweater is in time out.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! Silly short row.

    Is that needle a knit picks one? That's why I'm scared to buy more than a few. I hear it happens alot, and it terrifies me...

    (PS- If you don't get a ton of comments, it may be because blogger has some funky firefox/google account bug when they are imbedded on the page like this. I had to come over to IE, and use the name/url comment)

    ReplyDelete
  2. darling, that sucks pom poms!

    Let me know if you need some help!

    ReplyDelete