September 6, 2009

Yaaaarn

Yarn. Oh how do I love thee. And what better way to spend a wonderful afternoon then with great friends, yarn and lots of color!

So this is what happens when someone gives me permanent dye.


Honestly I was a little confused on which direction to go. Part of me wanted perfection. Perfect stripes in multiple colors gently flowing together in a perfect representation of a color wheel. The other part of me wanted to say "frick you perfection!". I wanted to let my hair down and play. So what eventually happened was the mental struggle captured on this blank starting from left to right and ending with Blake's name written on top. How will this knit up as socks? Who knows...but I'm kind of curious to find out!

The next two sock blanks I already had planned in my head. At the sock summit I fell in love with the thought of stripped knee highs. My favorite colors are maroon and green and even though I was risking looking like a walking Christmas advertisement, I went for it.


I don't think this combo will look too christmasy...right? Knee Socks. Rock!

I was a blown away by what my fellow knitters did. The engineer had the most freeflowing and creative samples, the professor had an amazing eye for color, the lawyer had me drooling with her overdye and the teacher kept spitting out color combos that I never would have thought would work...but they did. And they were wonderul. Everyone did amazing work.

So now I need more time to knit. Good thing I finished the promised doggie sweater for Blake's day care provider!




Molly was gracious enough to pose! What a cat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment