May 18, 2008

Heat Wave.

This weekend was hot. Not the Paris Hilton kind of hot but literally sweltering 90 degree kind of hot. We survived by taking numerous trips to the bedroom (that holds our one and only air conditioning unit), taking the kids to fountains, filling up the kiddie pool and utilizing the sprinkler!




I don't think the kids minded too much. They had a lot of fun and a lot of ice cream this weekend!

I also had fun, but more of the fiber kind! I received my mystery swap package and the theme was "ocean"!


The package included chocolate, candles, yarn, patterns and needles. What else could a girl ask for! I normally would never buy a scarf book, but this one had a lot of great stitch patterns that I could see becoming stoles. Not to mention it gave me a great idea for what to knit my mom for her birthday! Woot!!

I also hunkered down and casted on a new sweater. I'm not a big fan of bobbles, but the way they are incorporated into the forecast pattern just made it quirky enough for me to try.


This is my first time working with Wool of the Andes and it's very rough on the hands. I did wash my gauge swatch and luckily the yarn does soften up a bit. But this cardigan will definitely ask for something to be worn underneath it. I would love to have it done by the time we move but knowing how busy we'll be it's a promise I may not be able to keep.

Speaking of the house, we made a counter offer after the inspector found the house had a faulty breaker box. I guess this particular type of box only breaks the circuit when it overheats 9 out of 10 times. The selling agent didn't think it was a big deal, but for Chris and I that wasn't something we were willing to live with! So after negotiation the sellers gave us a token cost reduction on the house to offset the cost of replacing the box. So now we finish up the bank stuff and we are golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment