December 17, 2008

Bronchitis hits!

It's almost 4am and both B and I are wide awake. We awoke at the same time wide eyed and bushy tailed. We read some. Tried to go back to sleep but neither of us succeeding. So we resolved to give into our situation.

Yesterday's plans were put on hold when the doctor came to visit, took one look at me and ordered me to stay warm, drink lots of hot tea and take antibiotics. Our hope is to catch it before it becomes pneumonia. Luckily for me, grandma Johnson had a bout of Bronchitis a few months ago and had in stock some wonderful medicated cough syrup and has a respiratory thingy that makes me all jittery but able to breath like a normal person.

So no Christmas Villages for us. But B did go shopping with grandma for two things and came back with quite a bit more. The Opa's went off exploring for a long while and I got in some great knitting time. So the day wasn't wasted. I do feel like a dud though and keep kicking myself. If only I had done something about this cough before I left....

In 4 hours we will be headed on our way to see the Neuschwanstein Castle. It'll be a four hour car ride, but we plan on staying overnight in the area and doing as much as we can. I'm excited to get out and see some of the countryside. There was even talk about making a quick stop to France on our way home...LOL. Not a bakery or restuarant, but a different country! I can't get use to the idea that everything is so much more compact here in Europe. The roads are small, the cars are small, the trash cans are small (they are wicked recyclers here!) and other countries could be within driving distance!

Life in a German village makes me smile with happiness. I've met two sets of neighbors and they have both been gracious and very friendly. I can see why this is the second German tour for the Johnson's. I am blown away that my daughter gets to experience this...even though she did say the sky looks like Portland sky.

"We have icky clouds too" she said...

No comments:

Post a Comment