December 7, 2008

sicky pants

This has been the week of sick.

It all started Tuesday morning when B complained her neck hurt. I didn't think anything of it since her forehead felt normal. Later that day I received a phone call from her daycare provider saying, "Her temp is over 100 degrees and she's complaining that her neck hurts".

Now I would like to think of myself as a level headed mom. But when I got off the phone I immediately called the doctors office as I Googled symptoms of Spinal Meningitis. I thought back to the stories her father would tell me about his bought as a kid and I immediately went into freak out mode.

But after talking with the nurse I started to settle. I gave her medicine and that night the fever broke. The neck pain turned into a soar throat and my freak became a little less intense.

By Thursday we were back to our normal routine. But once again I received a phone call from her daycare provider saying, "I think she has pink eye." Poor thing. Her right eye was irritated and there were goobers in her tear ducts. So friday I took her to the doctors and it was confirmed that she had Pink Eye AND an ear infection. After many loads of laundry, washing of hands, disinfecting door handles and little B taking antibotics, life is starting to settle.

The whole family worked together to get a truck load to the leaf recycling drop off. It was awesome to see the kids work hard and have fun at the same time. Much better then being glued to the TV on Saturday morning like they usually are! We then bought a Christmas tree from the Optimist Club and made the house all glittery and shiny.


Both kids had birthday parties to attend to this weekend and although B was on antibiotics we only stayed for cake and presents. She was a little upset that she couldn't stay and play but I felt like a heel for taking her in the first place. The doc gave the thumbs up to go, but the thought of parental judgments made me sweat the entire time we were there.

She is doing much better today and her eye looks great. But the week of sick has exhausted all of us. She's currently chilling on the couch watching the Wiggles Christmas special on tape.


But like I've been saying to myself all week...better now then when we're in Germany!!

No comments:

Post a Comment