December 15, 2008

Comedy of Errors. And other things to laugh at.

I'll have to admit, I am one of those people who can put unbelievably high expectations on future events. Playing them out in my mind like a lifetime original movie. I always have great hair and the background music is always Oscar worthy.

Well...I believe I have attracted all the possible bad travel juju for years to come because of these expectations. In getting to Germany we have succeeded in the following: Missed two flights, lost a cell phone, lost two video game cartridges (sorry c, will replace!), I fell on some stairs and landed on my back, B had an potty accident and it looks like my little cough that I left Portland with is becoming an infection of some sort.



But here are the good things. The luggage that was on the flight to Germany that we missed was waiting for us when we got here. The counter guy at the Frankfurt airport was very nice. The Johnson's received my last minute email with the new flight information so they were there to pick us up. Good thing since we forgot to get their contact information! Yikes!!

The Johnson's live in Rauenberg Village. It's small, quaint and exactly what I envisioned. And the best thing ever is their next door neighbor is a respiratory doctor who makes house calls!

For our first dinner out we had Turkish food at Can Kebap Haus Bistro and Cafe. It was delicious. Even B enjoyed her food! We tried to eat at two other traditional German restaurants but they both had private parties.

Everyone slept well but me. This darn cough is getting the better of me. I hope after the doc see's me today I can get some medicine to nip this in the bud. Today we are planning on going to a christmas village. It should be fun. Until then....

2 comments:

  1. If you need nyquil/dayquil I can mail it to you DHL. I have a stock of it!!! Can't get it over here!!!!

    Have fun and feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thanks for the offer sara! But i have some wonderful drugs now that is helping to clear things up! I appreciate the thought though!!

    ReplyDelete