March 3, 2008

Jaywalker Bust.

Meet the Jaywalker socks that went wrong...terribly wrong.




Pattern: Jaywalker
Yarn: Painted Skeins Superwash Merino Sock Yarn in Afterglow
Needles: 2

The heels turned out so floppy that after I knitted a few more rounds I gave up and binded off. I didn't even have the heart to try to "stage" the picture. One day I'll frog these suckers and make little socks for the munchkin, but until then they will sit in my special pile for misbehaving knits.

So what went wrong? I started the heel too late and the larger of the two gusset patterns that i tried and loved...didn't end up working at all. But honestly, the real issue is that I'm just sick of making socks. I could have ripped back and tried the heel again but my heart wasn't in it.

Perhaps I'm having a crisis of knit. Perhaps I'm just ready to move onto something else. Good thing that I have a package full of yarn being mailed to me as we speak....enough yarn to make a sweater. Yup, my very first adult sized sweater! I too am squealing with delight! JOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment