March 31, 2008

Wee Tiny Sock Swap 2008

I've knitted big socks before but never a wee tiny sock. So when a Sock Swap was announced by yarnmiracle I jumped on board. Sure, I'm a joiner, but the thought of getting a handmade gift from another knitter was exciting and getting a piece of mail that wasn't a bill...hold me back!

So on Friday night I got my person...Pamela from Ohio. I thought about emailing for her color preferences etc...but decided to keep myself and my plans a secret. [insert evil laugh] I chose the theme "think spring" and picked out a nice pink and yellow marbled yarn.

Saturday I finished with the sock. It only took an hour but the results were less than satisfying. Not at all what I had envisioned. So that night I casted on for another. Sunday was a bit busy so I had to wait until after the tot went to bed before finishing. I decided to try a picot edge. Now remind me again why I wait until the worst time possible to try new techniques? Bah..


Anyhoo, the sock turned out really cute. The edge makes the top of the sock look like little petals, working nicely into my theme. I also added some flower seeds and a portland postcard. This was so much fun I already put my name down for another swap....joy.


2 comments:

  1. I really miss all of what you do and are. I can't wait till I move to Portland so I can be part of it again. the pics of B and family are great. She is turning into such a gorgeous little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am Pamela in Ohio and received the wee tiny sock yesterday. It is so cute! The colors are so springy. So of course, I had to peruse Veronica's blog. I will put it in my favs to visit often. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete