March 1, 2008

With the master away...the dog will play.

I should order myself a T-shirt that says, "Big dogs do it Bigger!".

For those who haven't met, this is Noro. He is a Newfoundland who embodies everything Newf-alicious.

I grew up with a lab mix, so I am used to (what I always thought) were big dogs. Boy was I in for a surprise when I first saw Noro. I'd never seen a dog this big. He was literally the same height as my four year old daughter! Not to mention he had an additional forty pounds he was sportin'! But somehow he found our way into our hearts and into our home.

Well, the honeymoon is over. Don't get me wrong. I love Noro. But having a 160 lb dog has unique challenges. He's a big dog therefore anything destructive that happens when normal dogs are left to their own devices are more tragic with this one.

So far numerous dishes have been broken, carpet has been shredded, a handmade string puppet was decapitated, many feet and hands stepped on, and little bits of hair mixed with drool dried on the ceilings and walls. Not to mention he broke a Grateful Dead dancing bear hand-etched beer glass I made for C. This happened today and yes, I'm still very bitter about this.

....

I can't wait until the alpha dog returns this week. And when he does there will be another dog in the house. That's right. While K is on assignment in Korea for two months, Bean will be here.

But two dogs? For two months? OMG. Let the hijinks begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment