March 30, 2008

What a day.

The day began with such promise. B and I sat down and made a list of everything we wanted to get accomplished.

First up was a trip to Fred Meyer (like Mejer's for those midwestern folk). B instantly asked to go to the play area (one hour free daycare). I was surprised. We had never used this service before...but okay. So I did my shopping without a kid in the cart and oh my goodness, why haven't I done this before!

Second on the list was peanut butter cookies.


I seriously think the only reason she wanted to make cookies was to lick the bowl.



Then the library. We usually go every other Sunday right when it opens and every time there is a large group of kids just waiting to get on the computers. Today we went about two hours later so we only waited about five minutes before a computer opened up. Woot woot. B was especially excited to practice her spelling with a cool Spongebob program they had. We checked out our 10 books and went on our way.

So in between these activities laundry and dishes had to be done and dogs walked. We had two items left on our list; music and board game. Just as I was finishing up dinner dishes I hear a "Mom...i did a bad thing!" I rushed to the bathroom in time to stop the toilet water from flooding the bathroom floor. Now what happened next is enough to take away my mommy of the weekend award. I had the water, the mouth of a sailer...all I needed was the eye patch. After an hour of plunging (still clogged...urg) and being asked such questions like, "Mommy, is it fixed yet?" I have declared this weekend over. The remainder of the list will have to wait for a weekday.

Mommy is taking some mental time off.

No comments:

Post a Comment