March 15, 2008

To Linda.

Yesterday Linda, C's mother, decided she was ready to go into hospice. When C left Florida last she was on an upswing...but soon things turned south and the pain returned. She was moved into a facility this afternoon. The hardest part is not knowing. Not knowing how to feel, not knowing when she'll pass, not knowing what to do. There is this massive underlying stress in the house and we are all trying our best to live our lives.

I only had the pleasure of meeting Linda once. She came down for Christmas '06. We rented a cabin near Mt. Hood and stayed for an extended weekend. It was fun going rustic; listening to old records and playing board games by the fireplace. Linda is a lady in every sense of the word. Witty, polite, and oh so caring. She embraced B and I like family. I only met Linda once, but I will always remember the amazing women who managed to raise such an amazing son.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry sweetie. Give my love to C and everyone there. My thoughts and prayers are with you

    Deb

    ReplyDelete