March 9, 2008

Weekend Wool

Let's ignore for a minute the cramps, moodiness and overall blech that underlined this weekend and focus on the wonderful wooliness that came in a package on Friday. That's right, I treated myself to wool and lots of it.

So first up were the skull wristbands from hello yarn, requested from C. I never knew wristbands had purpose, but it seems that musicians can wear them to keep their wrists warm and thus keeping their fingers limber. Who knew.



I've only knitted one so far. This is my first stranded color project. It's a bit rough around the bind off edge. I'll put more thought into the kind of BO that I choose for it's mate. I'm sure once it's blocked it'll look better.

I also knitted a swatch with the new Knit Picks Swish Superwash in Merlot Heather. It's a dark subtle yarn, but it's seriously beautiful under natural light.



I'm going to try Wicked with this yarn. I'm a little nervous. This will be my first ever adult sized sweater project. We'll see...

1 comment:

  1. Those are the coolest things I've ever seen! I can't believe you made those!! I want, I want, I want!

    ReplyDelete